We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy describes the personal data that Proficio Education collects from or about you, and how we use that information. During the course of conducting its affairs, Proficio Education will deal with personal data in respect of members, consultants, business partners, legal firms, subsidiaries, analytics and search engine providers, customer survey providers, and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we may enter into with you. By virtue of data protection legislation, Proficio Education is the “controller” of this information. The manner in which your personal data is collected, stored and used is referred to as “processing”. Proficio Education will process your personal data in a manner that is compatible with data protection legislation. Data protection legislation requires us to comply with various principles, under which personal data must be:
- fairly and lawfully processed
- processed for specific and lawful purposes
- adequate, relevant and not excessive
- accurate and up to date
- not kept for longer than is necessary
- kept secure
In the context of this policy, “personal data” will include details such as:
- your contact details
- employment details
- age, gender
The personal data is used for our business purposes. Such uses include:
- informing you of Proficio Education events
- such other legitimate purposes as reasonably required by Profico Education
You have the following rights in relation to the way in which Proficio Education deals with your personal data:
- the right of erasure or to be forgotten
- the right to rectification if information is inaccurate or out of date
- the right of data portability (to obtain and reuse your personal data)
- the right to object to Proficio Education handling of your personal data
- the right to withdraw your consent with regards to Proficio Education handling of your personal data
Where you exercise your right to object or withdraw your consent, we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where we are permitted or required
by law or regulatory requirements to do so or where we have a legitimate purpose for doing so. In such a case, we will not process more personal data than is required under the
We will not send you marketing emails unless you have consented to receiving them. Please contact us on 0151 4860204 or email us at email@example.com if you wish to change your preferences.
Except as otherwise permitted or required by law we will retain your personal data only for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected. Under data protection legislation, you have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you. If you wish to exercise this right please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are not satisfied by our actions, you have the right to refer the matter to the
Information Commissioner or seek recourse through the courts.
The Information Commissioner can be contacted at:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Tel: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 (national rate)